The Redemption by Nikki Sloane

About The Book
Title: The Redemption
Series: Filthy Rich Americans #4
Author: Nikki Sloane
Genre: Romance
Pages: 288
Rating: ★★★
Synopsis:
Once, the name Macalister Hale was uttered in the boardroom with respect. Now, it’s whispered in disgrace at cocktail parties hosted by Boston’s elite.

Scandal nearly destroyed me, but the one thing larger than my infamy is my bank account, and I’ve learned money can solve anything.

Well—almost anything.

Sophia Alby’s preferred currency is secrets and the way she trades information puts Wall Street to shame.

This girl charges into my life and claims a partnership can restore my reputation. My downfall was swift, but with her, my climb to redemption will be greater.

Our arrangement is professional. Appropriate. It has to be, because she’s half my age. But it doesn’t stop me from wanting . . .

To move on. To control and indulge in her. To hear the name Macalister Hale echo in her breathy moans.

But I can’t. Giving in to temptation led to my undoing before, and I won’t survive it a second time.
Links

My Review

I'm sad that I didn't love this as much as I thought I would. I should have paid more attention to the title and knew that I wouldn't love Macalaster as much in this book.

I didn't want a redemption for him. I liked him how he was. No, I wouldn't like a man like that in real life!

I just really loved how he treated everyone and how everyone was scared of him. 

You don't get that in this book. 

You get Macalaster falling in love with Sophia and getting his redemption.

I was hoping for something dark and steamy like the rest of the series, but this one was not as dark as I wanted it to be. Honestly, I wouldn't even call this book dark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21