Exodus by Kate Stewart

About The Book
Title: Exodus
Series: The Ravenhood #2
Author: Kate Stewart
Genre: Romance
Page Count: 450
Rating: ★★

Synopsis:

Can you live a lie?



It’s a ghost town, this place that haunts me, the one that made me.



It’s clear to me that I’ll never outgrow Triple Falls or outlive the time I spent here.



I can still feel them all, my boys of summer.



Even when I’d sensed the danger, I gave in.



I didn’t heed a single warning. I let my sickness, my love, both rule and ruin me. I played my part, eyes wide open, tempting fate until it delivered.



There was never going to be an escape.



All of us are to blame for what happened. All of us serving our own sentences. We were careless and reckless, thinking our youth made us indestructible, exempt from our sins, and it cost us all.



I’m done pretending I didn’t leave the largest part of me between these hills and valleys, between the sea of trees that hold my secrets.



It’s the reason I’m back. To make peace with my fate.



And if I can’t grieve enough to cure myself in my time here, I’ll remain sick. That will be my curse.



But it’s time to confess, to myself more so than any other, that I’d hindered my chances because of the way I was built, and because of the men who built me.



At this point, I just want to make peace with who I am, no matter what ending I get.



Because I can no longer live a lie.
Links

My Review


I feel like this is a beloved book on TikTok. I read the first book right before this one. I will go ahead and say I will not be continuing with this story. 

Flock was okay. Exodus was not it. I was not having the back and forth between Cecilia and Tobias? I'm not going to lie, I thought Tobias was the one who died. I honestly was pretty lost throughout the end of the first book and through most of this book. 

I don't want to keep going because I don't want to shit on a book that a lot of people seem to love.

I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it though! I will say, it does have some really nice quotes. If only the quotes could have saved this story for me.

"Loving you made me sick, and I don't ever want to get well."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!