The Shaadi Set-Up by Lillie Vale

About The Book
Title: The Shaadi Set-Up
Author: Lillie Vale
Genre: Romance
Page Count: 368
Rating: ★★★

Synopsis:

High school sweethearts Rita Chitniss and Milan Rao were the golden couple, until the day he broke her heart. Now, six years later, Rita has turned her passion for furniture restoration into a career and has an almost-perfect boyfriend, Neil. The last thing she needs is for Milan to re-enter her life, but that’s exactly what happens when her mother, an unfailing believer in second chances, sets them up. Milan is just as charming, cocky, and confident as he was back in school. Only this time, he actually needs her business expertise, not her heart, to flip a hard-to-sell house for his realty agency.



While Rita begrudgingly agrees to help, she’s not taking any risks. To prove she’s definitely over him, she signs herself and Neil up on MyShaadi.com, a Desi matchmaking site famous for its success stories and trustworthy enough to convince everyone that she and Neil are the new and improved couple. Instead, she’s shocked when MyShaadi’s perfect match for her isn’t Neil…it’s Milan. Ignoring the website and her mother is one thing, but ignoring Milan proves much more difficult, especially when she promises to help him renovate the beach house of her dreams. And as the two of them dive deeper into work—and their pasts—Rita begins to wonder if maybe her match wasn’t so wrong after all….
Links

My Review


Well, my first disappointing book of 2022. This book did not live up to my expectations, unfortunately. It's funny because I didn't have many expectations before I started this book. I don't think I've seen any of the people I follow on social media talk about this book, so there would be no reason for me to have expectations. I guess the cover set me up.

My main issue with this book is the author hinted at so many past sexual encounters with Rita and Milan. But when a current one happens, it's fade to black. I'm trying to figure out why. Didn't make much sense to me.

I did really enjoy the home restoration parts. I'm an HGTV hoe and when something like that is included in books, I love it. 

Also, the dogs. Loved the dogs so much. They shined bright in this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To