You Had Me At Hola by Alexis Daria

About The Book
Title: You Had Me At Hola
 Series: Primas of Power #1
Author: Alexis Daria
Genre: Romance
Page Count: 384
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis:

Leading Ladies do not end up on tabloid covers.



After a messy public breakup, soap opera darling Jasmine Lin Rodriguez finds her face splashed across the tabloids. When she returns to her hometown of New York City to film the starring role in a bilingual romantic comedy for the number one streaming service in the country, Jasmine figures her new “Leading Lady Plan” should be easy enough to follow—until a casting shake-up pairs her with telenovela hunk Ashton Suárez.



Leading Ladies don’t need a man to be happy.



After his last telenovela character was killed off, Ashton is worried his career is dead as well. Joining this new cast as a last-minute addition will give him the chance to show off his acting chops to American audiences and ping the radar of Hollywood casting agents. To make it work, he’ll need to generate smoking-hot on-screen chemistry with Jasmine. Easier said than done, especially when a disastrous first impression smothers the embers of whatever sexual heat they might have had.



Leading Ladies do not rebound with their new costars.



With their careers on the line, Jasmine and Ashton agree to rehearse in private. But rehearsal leads to kissing, and kissing leads to a behind-the-scenes romance worthy of a soap opera. While their on-screen performance improves, the media spotlight on Jasmine soon threatens to destroy her new image and expose Ashton’s most closely guarded secret.
Links

My Review

I'm starting off 2022 with a great read! I had such a good time reading about famous people, telenovelas, and famous people drama. I just really wish that this was a five-star read for me. I couldn't get past Ashton not wanting to tell Jasmine his secret even though she basically told him everything.

You Had Me At Hola follows Jasmine and Ashton, two actors who are playing in a new show where Jasmine and Ashton are supposed to do some steamy scenes. In order to make sure their on-screen chemistry is perfect, they decide to do some rehearsals in private. Which, obviously, leads to their own sexual desires developing. 

I was not expecting this book to be so steamy. It hit me out of nowhere. I loved it. I loved the chemistry between Jasmine and Ashton so much. Although, it does make me think if their chemistry wouldn't have been as good if they weren't actors. 

This book was so easy to read and consume. It does deal with serious topics as well. Secrets and past stalkers. I just loved it. The drama was so much fun as well. 

This book was such a treat and I'm excited to pick up more from this author in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!