July Wrap Up


July was a pretty stressful month for me. I honestly didn’t read as much this month as I have any other month so far this year. That’s okay. I’m allowed to take some time away from reading. I’m still pretty stressed so I may not read much next month either. Again, that’s okay. I already hit my Goodreads goal, so I’m golden there.



Most of the books I managed to read this month, I rated pretty high! I’ll take quality of quantity any day.

Stats
Pages: 3,842
Physical: 4
Audiobook: 7

What books did you read this month? What book was your favorite? Have you read any of the books on my list?

Wilder Girls by Rory Power: I honestly really disliked this book. It definitely was not for me. At all. I will admit, it’s more of a “me” problem and not the “story” problem. Horror is just not my cup of tea. I just didn’t enjoy this book and it did nothing but gross me out. I don’t think I’ll pick up another book by Rory Power in the future. ⭐⭐

Twice A Wish by Pepper Winters: OH THE STEAM! This book was so much better than the first one. I can’t wait for the crazy thing to happen in this series, as there is always something insane that happens in a Pepper Winters book! I love how each book seems to end in a steamy cliff-hanger. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Empire Of Gold by S.A. Chakraborty: I feel like this trilogy wraps up well in this final installment. Although, some romantic things didn’t happen that I wanted… It’s okay! This book was filled with so much politics that I really enjoyed. So many secrets are revealed in this final book. So many fights. Almost 800 pages of pure greatness. It’s definitely my favorite book in this trilogy! It was building up so much for an ending that was so perfect. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Permanent Record by Mary H.K. Choi: I just want to point out how mature this book is. I love that it’s about college-aged people. I wasn’t expecting that at all! I really appreciate the ending to this book as Pablo comes to realize things about his life. What he needs/doesn’t need. This is a book YAs need! ⭐⭐⭐

Third A Kiss by Pepper Winters: The crazy thing happened! It’s going to get even crazier from here. This book was obviously filled with steam. I can’t wait to see what happens in the next book. Each book has me wanting more. I automatically have to pick up the next one. I’m going to be sad when it’s over! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness: Oh man. This book put in my feelings. This book deals with grief and if you’ve lost someone you love, this is something you should read. I recommend to not listen to it while you’re driving because I did that and I was crying…. not a great idea! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wish You Were Here by Renee Carlino: This book made me SAD. This book is as beautiful on this inside like it is on the outside. This book is going to hold a special place in my heart. I really freaking love it so much. I cried into my spaghetti last night. This book just hit me in the FEELS. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Fourth A Lie by Pepper Winters: I didn’t write a full review about this book. Most likely because everything going on in my life. But I really enjoyed this book. I would say more but my brain isn’t working right now due to lack of sleep. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Fifth A Fury by Pepper Winters: This was the ending this series deserved. I freaking love how it ended. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Undertow by Alessandra Torre: This book was so a quick and sexy read! I enjoyed my time in the story of Madison, Paul, and Stewart. I don’t think there’s going to be an Alessandra Torre book I don’t like, to be honest. ⭐⭐⭐

Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett: I simply adore this book. I didn’t want to put it down. And I didn’t. Not until I finished. I spent my Thursday reading this beautiful book. Jenn Bennett is probably an auto-buy author now. It’s soooo good. I love it so much I can’t form real thoughts. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Girl And The Stars by Mark Lawrence: dnf. Unfortunately, I didn’t like this book. It could be a “me” problem and not about the book at all. I don’t know if I will try and read it again in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!