DNF Review: The Girl And The Stars by Mark Lawrence






Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Audiobook ~ Book Depository





I hate that I didn't finish this book. Why? Because I bought this copy from Ben and eagerly awaited it's arrival from the UK. It took longer than normal to get here, due to Covid-19. I'm so sad to say that I have absolutely no idea what was going on in this book. All I can recall is the main character jumped into a hole after her brother and she's found by a bunch of other people who were pushed down there.





That's all I can remember.





Oh, and something about she can control stars?





This book was putting me in the biggest reading slump. I had a hard time reading a physical book because my mind was trying to process everything that was going on in The Girl And The Stars. Maybe I'm just stupid and I don't understand this book. Or maybe.... it's just boring to me?





I'm also seeing things that you shouldn't pick this book up if you haven't read some other trilogy by Mark Lawrence, I forget the name of it. Unfortunately, I don't see myself doing that anytime soon. I don't think he's writing is for me.





Will I get rid of this book? Heck no. It's such a beautiful book, I love looking at it. Will I read it in the future? Probably not, but who knows. I might change my mind in the future.





I'm not going to rate this book as I didn't finish it and I don't think it's fair to give it a star rating.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!