Fence Vol. 1 by C.S. Pacat // Book Review

Fence Vol. 1
C.S. Pacat
Published by BOOM! Box on July 31st, 2018
112 pages
Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Book Depository

Nicholas, the illegitimate son of a retired fencing champion, is a scrappy fencing wunderkind, and dreams of getting the chance and the training to actually compete. After getting accepted to the prodigious Kings Row private school, Nicholas is thrust into a cut-throat world, and finds himself facing not only his golden-boy half-brother, but the unbeatable, mysterious Seiji Katayama...

Through clashes, rivalries, and romance between teammates, Nicholas and the boys of Kings Row will discover there’s much more to fencing than just foils and lunges. From acclaimed writer C.S. Pacat (The Captive Prince) and fan-favorite artist Johanna the Mad.


It's always a hit-or-miss when it comes to reading graphic novels for me. The last one I read, I swore graphic novels were not for me. Now that I've read Fence, I'm in love with graphic novels again. Maybe certain GN are not for me?

Fence follows our main character Nicholas, a boy who wants nothing more than to fence. Nicholas is the illegitimate son of a retired fencing champion and he wishes to be as good as him. Nicholas gets defeated in his first match against Seiji. He doesn't let that loss change his mind about going to school for fencing.

Nicholas and Seiji happen to be roommates in their new school. Neither one of them like this arrangement. They try to get it changed. Unfortunately, their wish is not granted.

I had a fun time reading this book. I really like all the characters and fencing. I'm not gonna lie, I though fencing was stupid before I read this. I'm really excited to see where this series is going to end up going.

I'm also sensing a romance between Nicholas and Seiji.... We'll see!

4/5 stars

Comments

  1. I've seen a couple other people talk about this! I'll have to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!