Fear is a phoenix. You can watch it burn a thousand times and still it will return.

Crooked Kingdom
Six Of Crows (#2)
Leigh Bardugo
Published by Henry Holt & Company on September 20th, 2016
546 pages
Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Audiobook ~ Book Depository

Welcome to the world of the Grisha.

Kaz Brekker and his crew of deadly outcasts have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives.

Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties.

A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets - a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the Grisha world.

Scrolling through Goodreads, it may seem that I have an unpopular opinion here. Six Of Crows didn't do it for me. Crooked Kingdom definitely didn't do it for me. The only books that I seem to like in this Grishaverse are the Shadow And Bone series...

This book almost makes me not want to pick up King Of Scars. I just really felt like this book was kind of all over the place. I got lost multiple times. I was close to DNFing more times. Honestly, I should have.

I hate writing bad reviews so I'm just gonna leave it at this: I don't like this book. I really hope that King Of Scars doesn't include any of these characters because I honestly didn't like any of them.

Please don't come after me for my opinions about this book. I know it's a beloved book in the community. I just didn't care for it!

This hurts me because I love Leigh Bardugo. But Kaz and his friends just didn't do it for me.

2/5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!