Book Review: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas



Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

Synopsis:


Spring break. Aruba. Swimming, sunshine, and drinks. Lots of drinks.
It's supposed to be the best time of Anna's life. Perfect.
But then Anna's best friend is found brutally murdered.
And as the local police begin to investigate the gruesome crime, suspicion and evidence unfathomably point to one person - Anna.
Now trapped in a country not her own, Anna must fight for her freedom and prove her innocence. But as she awaits the judge's decision, it becomes clear to Anna that everyone around her thinks she is not only guilty, but dangerous.
Very dangerous.
And when the truth finally comes out, it's more shocking than anyone could have ever imagined.....



My Review: 

I purchased this book on a whim from Book Outlet. I honestly wasn't that interested in this book. I'm not a big fan of mystery-court room books. But this one? I'm obsessed. I never wanted to put this book down.

I don't think I've seen anyone talk about this book. Or maybe I'm just late because this book was originally published in 2013. This book is totally underread. I'm still shook from how this book ended. Like what the hell??

Dangerous Girls follows a group of friends going on their spring break vacation in Aruba. They're having the time of their lives. That is, until Elise is found brutally murdered in their vacation home. Her best friend, Anna, is arrested for her murder. They say she is the best suspect. But is she guilty?

Anna spends her time in prison while waiting for trial. Nothing seems to be going in her favor. Dekker, the main investigator seems to have it out for her. Tate, her boyfriend, just leaves her in the dust. She has no one on her side.

This book has an amazing format. I almost felt like I was watching a Law & Order episode. You get Anna's perspective throughout the entire book. You also get flashbacks, transcripts from phone calls and texts, and transcripts from television shows. It's like nothing I have ever read before.

I was on my toes throughout the entire investigation. I was rooting for Anna. I was getting aggravated at everyone accusing her. I was so shocked with the ending. I was not expecting that whatsoever. MIND BLOWN.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys any type of mystery. You won't be able to put this book down.

5/5 Stars



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!