The Four Leaf by Lee Jacquot

About The Book
Title: The Four Leaf
Series: Holinights #2
Author: Lee Jacquot
Genre: Romance
Pages: 104
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis:
Two best friends grow up together, fall in love, get married, and live happily ever after. But what about the one where the girl gets friend-zoned after an awkward attempt at making a move on her best friend?

That’s my story.

More than a decade has passed, and while our platonic relationship somehow survived, I still cringe when I think about it.

Like now.

I’m supposed to be getting my hotel ready for all the guests from the St.Patrick's Day parades, but instead, I’m staring at my best friend while he repairs one of my sinks. The memory and sting of his polite rejection years ago usually helps get my head on straight, but it’s not working this time. Not when there’s been an obvious shift in the air.

And definitely not when he just grabbed onto my hips, growled in my ear, and told me to run.
Links

My Review

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

I honestly don't know if I'm just loving everything I am reading right now and not being picky or if everything is just so fucking good.

The Four Leaf is a small book, but it is mighty. We follow our two main characters Samantha and Adrian. They grew up together and have been friends since they were kids.

Samantha has always had a little crush on Adrian and has only tried to act on it once when they were younger and it seems that Adrian placed her in the friend zone.

Years later, Samantha is working on maintenance on the hotel her family owns. Adrian is a football player who is currently in town and is visiting with them.

Well, Samantha just happens to find out that Adrian may possibly feel the same way about her.

It's an extremely short book so I'm not going to go into much detail. I will say there is primal kink in this book. Which is basically like hunting prey.

Uh. I didn't know that would be something I liked until I read this book 😂.

I am in love with this book and I feel like it's going to be one that I read many times. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!