Abel by Katee Robert

About The Book
Title: Abel
Series: Sabine Valley #1
Author: Katee Robert
Genre: Romance
Pages: 290 
Rating: ★★

Synopsis:

Seven Brothers. Seven Brides. A revenge seven years in the making.



Eight years ago, my family was betrayed by those closest to us. Now we’re back in Sabine Valley, staging our return during the feast of Lammas, where I step into the ring and ensure we’re given what we’re owed. Who we’re owed.



Our enemies send their seven best warriors against me. With each victory, I win a Bride for each of my brothers. And for me? I’m saving the best for last. My Bride is Harlow, the woman claimed by the man I used to call friend—the one responsible for our exile. Eli.



And if Eli has a problem with it? Well, then I’ll take him as my Bride, too. All the better to enact my revenge…and bring Sabine Valley to its knees.



The Paine brothers are back, and we’re here to stay.
Links

My Review


I don’t know if I’m just reading too much Katee Robert and I’m kinda bored of her writing or what. I’m sure reading two books by the same author that sort of resemble each other will mean that I will like one better than the other.



It’s obviously not this one.



I just found this one quite boring. And the term “sloppy seconds” was used and I hated it. I understand why it was used in this book, but that doesn’t mean I had to like it.



Abel follows Abel, a man who fights to win Sabine Valley and take Brides. Abel ends up taking Harlow as his bride and also Eli, as he ends up losing a fight against Abel. I’m not sure what this necessarily means and what their real roles are.



This seems like it was trying to be some kind of dystopian but failed.



I also may need to stop trying to make Katee Robert a favorite author of mine. Her books are always hit or miss with me. Unfortunately, this one was a miss. I do have the second book in this series. I’ll give it a go before I decide to quit this series altogether.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To