January Wrap Up

I took an unexpected break from blogging again. I got obsessed with numbers again and I felt like no one cared about my blog. I just need to remember that I do this for my own enjoyment. But I'm back, hopefully for a longer time than last.

I read a nice chunk of books in January. As of right now, I'm two books ahead on my reading challenge. What a great start to the new year!

11 Books
Pages Read: 3280
2 DNFs

You Had Me At Hola by Alexis Daria: I was not expecting this book to be so steamy. It hit me out of nowhere. I loved it. I loved the chemistry between Jasmine and Ashton so much. I'm excited to read more from this author. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Shaadi Set-Up by Lillie Vale: This book was a bit disappointing to me. I'm not a fan of fade-to-black romances, especially when there is a ton of dirty talk. This book just wasn't for me, even though I really enjoyed the home restoration parts. ⭐⭐⭐

Crave by Tracy Wolff: This book was cringy af. Strangely enough, I liked it. It definitely made me feel my age and made me cringe so much. It ended on a cliffhanger that made me want to pick up the next book instead of not finishing this series. ⭐⭐⭐

House Of Earth And Blood by Sarah J. Maas: I reread this in anticipation of the next book. I loved it so much more than the first time. I posted a picture of myself on Twitter on how much I ugly cried. This book is still my favorite book of all time. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Payback's A Witch by Lana Harper: I honestly was a bit disappointed with this read. It didn't live up to the hype for me. I'm also not a huge fan of fade-to-black romances. ⭐⭐⭐

Games We Play by Dana Isaly: Here's to finding a new auto-buy author. I had so much fun reading this smut-filled novella. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Secrets We Hunt by Dana Isaly: I can't believe I loved the second book more than the first. I love it when the woman takes charge in the bedroom! That scene itself gained five stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dipped In Holly by Dana Isaly: I really enjoyed Holly and Nick's story! At this point, I'm sure I will enjoy almost every book that Dana releases. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reminders Of Him by Colleen Hoover: I appreciated this story so much. I feel like this may have been the saddest book of hers that I've read. 

Claimed By Cupid by Dana Isaly: I think I can honestly say I'm not a fan of the daddy kink. Reading two books at the same time with the same kink kind of ruined it for me. ⭐⭐⭐

Your Dad Will Do by Katee Robert: I still don't know how I feel about this book. I can't tell if I hated it or not. ⭐⭐

What books did you read in January?

Comments

  1. House of Earth and Blood was so good. I really need to read the sequel!
    I hope February is an awesome month for you and welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!