For The Wolf by Hannah Whitten



About The Book


Title: For The Wolf

Series: Wilderwood #1

Author: Hannah Whitten

Genre: Fanatasy

Page Count: 437

Rating: ★★★

Synopsis:

The first daughter is for the Throne.

The second daughter is for the Wolf.




For fans of Uprooted and The Bear and the Nightingale comes a dark fantasy novel about a young woman who must be sacrificed to the legendary Wolf of the Wood to save her kingdom. But not all legends are true, and the Wolf isn’t the only danger lurking in the Wilderwood.



As the only Second Daughter born in centuries, Red has one purpose-to be sacrificed to the Wolf in the Wood in the hope he’ll return the world’s captured gods.



Red is almost relieved to go. Plagued by a dangerous power she can’t control, at least she knows that in the Wilderwood, she can’t hurt those she loves. Again.



But the legends lie. The Wolf is a man, not a monster. Her magic is a calling, not a curse. And if she doesn’t learn how to use it, the monsters the gods have become will swallow the Wilderwood-and her world-whole.
Links

My Review


I honestly don’t know how I felt about this book. I read this book via audiobook and I didn’t retain everything. I was constantly confused about characters and who they were. I do want to pick up the next book because I am intrigued to see what happens next.



I just need to do a bit of research on the characters beforehand…



I will say that this book reads very YA so it is easy to get through this book. Unfortunately, I think my head just wasn’t in the game while reading this book. I’m thinking I may pick it up again in the future and just read it physically.



I did enjoy the audiobook narrator, she did such a wonderful job telling this story.



I will say that I love Red. She didn’t let the Wolf make her stay home when she wanted to help with the forest. I also really love watching Red’s sister do everything that she can to save Red from the forest and the Wolf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!