Teach Me by Olivia Dade


About The Book


Title: Teach Me

Series: There's Something About Marysburg #1

Author: Olivia Dade

Genre: Romance

Page Count: 276

Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis:

Their lesson plans didn't include love. But that's about to change...



When Martin Krause arrives at Rose Owens's high school, she's determined to remain chilly with her new colleague. Unfriendly? Maybe. Understandable? Yes, since a loathsome administrator gave Rose's beloved world history classes to Martin, knowing it would hurt her.



But keeping her distance from a man as warm and kind as Martin will prove challenging, even for a stubborn, guarded ice queen. Especially when she begins to see him for what he truly is: a man who's never been taught his own value. Martin could use a good teacher--and luckily, Rose is the best.



Rose has her own lessons--about trust, about vulnerability, about her past--to learn. And over the course of a single school year, the two of them will find out just how hot it can get when an ice queen melts.
Links

My Review


I’m currently trying to get through all of Olivia Dade’s backlist books. I read Spoiler Alert either last year or the year before and I loved it. I honestly picked up a random book by her and it was Teach Me. This book was such a pleasant surprise! I literally read it in one day 🙂



One thing I will say, I love books about older people. Like around 30ish or older. I’m about to be in my thirties and I can definitely resonate better with books that are centered around people closer to my age.



Rose is an honor’s teacher whose classes are getting cut to fit in another honor’s teacher, Martin. At first, she’s very standoffish towards him. Basically blaming him for her lack of classes and not the original source. It doesn’t last long because she realizes that Martin is actually a good guy and he’s also very good-looking.



I really kind of love that they are both divorcees. I feel like it really put some depth in this short story. I’m also here for the plus-size rep that Olivia Dade puts in almost all of her books. I love reading books where I can see myself as the main character.



I loved this book. I automatically picked up the next book in this little series. I’m so excited to read more from Oliva Dade!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!