Weekly Recap: 06.14.21 - 06.20.21

Happenings Off The Blog


I’ve been fighting with myself again this week. I have finally found a theme that I absolutely love and can’t stop looking at. Unfortunately, it’s still on Blogger. I love Blogger. It gives you more freedom than free WordPress. I’m cheap when it comes to purchasing things that aren’t books. I just get so discouraged from posting because I don’t get the same interactions here that I would on WordPress. It’s a known fact that people prefer WordPress. I don’t like any of the themes and I’m not spending $50+ on a beautiful theme. I need to keep reminding myself that numbers don’t matter and I’m blogging for myself, not everyone else.



This week, I’ve been obsessed with listening to My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. My neighbors have probably heard me belting this song like my life depended on it. With this new obsession, I have come to the realization that Titanic is one of my all-time favorite movies.



Father’s Day is this weekend! Our plans are to go to our family’s home and just hang out and relax.



We had Julian’s siblings over on Saturday night to watch the Lightning game with us. They didn’t win this game, unfortunately. Hopefully the next one!



Not much has happened this week. I had a bit of a traumatic experience at work and I’m still working on overcoming the new fears that have been brought upon me. I’m not going to go into detail about what happened because from what I’ve seen, it hasn’t been broadcasted in the news so I’m just gonna keep it quiet for now.

New Books This Week

Capture The Crown by Jennifer Estep

The Maidens by Alex Michaelides

Broken Web by Lori M. Lee

This Week I Read

House Of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland: I’m not a big fan of this book… It took a long time to get through it and it’s so short. (review to come!)



Den of Vipers by K.A. Knight: I am trudging through this one. I was physically reading it… I can no longer do that without constantly rolling my eyes. I’m switching to audiobook in hopes I can finish it faster that way.

Tell me about your week! Did anything exciting happen? What books did you read? Did you get any new books?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To