Love Your Life by Sophie Kinsella


About The Book
Title: Love Your Life
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Genre: Romance
Pages: 416
Rating: ★★★
Synopsis:

Call Ava romantic, but she thinks love should be found in the real world, not on apps that filter men by height, job, or astrological sign. She believes in feelings, not algorithms. So after a recent breakup and dating app debacle, she decides to put love on hold and escapes to a writers' retreat in remote, coastal Italy. She's determined to finish writing the novel she's been fantasizing about, even though it means leaving her close-knit group of friends and her precious dog, Harold, behind.



At the retreat, she's not allowed to use her real name or reveal any personal information. When the neighboring martial arts retreat is canceled and a few of its attendees join their small writing group, Ava, now going by "Aria," meets "Dutch," a man who seems too good to be true. The two embark on a baggage-free, whirlwind love affair, cliff-jumping into gem-colored Mediterranean waters and exploring the splendor of the Italian coast. Things seem to be perfect.



But then their real identities—Ava and Matt—must return to London. As their fantasy starts to fade, they discover just how different their personal worlds are. From food choices to annoying habits to sauna etiquette . . . Are they compatible in anything? And then there's the prickly situation with Matt's ex-girlfriend, who isn't too eager to let him go. As one mishap follows another, it seems that, while they love each other, they just can't love each other's lives. Can they reconcile their differences to find a life together?
Links

My Review

I had high hopes for this book. I thought this was going to cute and fluffy. It was not cute. It was more serious than fluffy. I do love a serious book, don't get me wrong. This cover does not show the readers that this book deals with the seriousness that is relationships. It could be cute at times, but most of the time I sat there wondering why the heck are these two incompatible people are trying to make this work???



This entire book was about Ava and Matt trying to make a relationship work. In my opinion, they should have just called it quits. It felt like they were trying to force a relationship to work when they obviously don't like a lot of things about each other. They were trying to make a vacation fantasy work. They met in Italy on a retreat and by the end of it, they were telling each other that they loved each other?



I'm sorry, it's a fantasy. You guys only just met and you didn't know anything about each other. It's not love, it's lust.



I did still enjoy parts of this book. Not all of it was bad. I was pretty happy with how it ended. And I have to give kudos to Ava and Matt because I would have given up if I were them.



I really like Sophie Kinsella's writing. This book was so easy to read and understand. I'm definitely planning on picking up more books by her in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!