Head Over Heels by Hannah Orenstein

About The Book
Title: Head Over Heels
Author: Hannah Orenstein
Genre: Adult Romance
Pages: 323
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis:

The past seven years have been hard on Avery Abrams: After training her entire life to make the Olympic gymnastics team, a disastrous performance ended her athletic career for good. Her best friend and teammate, Jasmine, went on to become an Olympic champion, then committed the ultimate betrayal by marrying their emotionally abusive coach, Dimitri.



Now, reeling from a breakup with her football star boyfriend, Avery returns to her Massachusetts hometown, where new coach Ryan asks her to help him train a promising young gymnast with Olympic aspirations. Despite her misgivings and worries about the memories it will evoke, Avery agrees. Back in the gym, she’s surprised to find sparks flying with Ryan. But when a shocking scandal in the gymnastics world breaks, it has shattering effects not only for the sport but also for Avery and her old friend Jasmine.
Links

My Review

Meet my first five-star book of 2021! I honestly didn’t have high hopes for this book as I have only read Love At First Like by Hannah and I really disliked it. I decided to give Hannah a second chance and I’m glad I did.



I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that’s centered around gymnastics. I adored the gymnastics aspect. Minus the scandal that happens, of course. This book doesn’t only focus on the sports side, it also focuses on the strain that gymnasts are dealing with. Whether it be too much exercising or extreme dieting. Our main character Avery wants to bring all that to the surface.



I honestly loved everything about this book. I especially love that the main focus was working on mental health. Avery is depressed because she hurt herself before being able to compete in the Olympics. She thinks she’s useless. She dropped out of college and her boyfriend breaks up with her. She finds that yoga helps make her feel better.



She realizes that there’s no way she’s the only one who feels like this due to sports. UGH. I just loved this book so much. I’m super happy I gave Hannah another shot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To