Book Blogger Confessions!


Here I am, trying to post more than just book reviews! I got to a point where I was getting excited about blogging again. At the moment, things aren't 100%. Julian's grandpa is really sick and we're going to be doing a lot of driving to spend more time with him. We're just trying to stay positive and keep everything as normal as possible.





I decided to do a book tag today! I haven't done one in so long. I probably did this tag back in the day when I did tags weekly back in 2017. I'm sure my answers have changed soooo yeah. Here we go!










Which book, most recently, did you not finish?





I know this answer is definitely going to be different than what I would have said a couple of years ago. I used to force myself to finish every book that I pick up. I no longer do that. DNFing has become one of my best friends. I recently tried reading Wrecked by Maria Padian and could not get into the writing style. I honestly DNFed at like 10 pages.





Which book is your guilty pleasure?





I love reading dark romances. I know they're not for everyone, but I really love them. Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters is the book that introduced me to this genre and so it's the book I'm going to use for this answer. I will probably end up rereading this series again this year. I have the bind up version which has a very smutty cover, which makes me feel super guilty for reading it...





Which book do you love to hate?





A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I don't actually hate this book by any means. I rated it five stars and would still rate it five stars if I reread it. I laugh at this book a lot. I can see that it's trashy. But I freaking love it. I will make fun of these characters but I still love them.





Which book would you throw into the sea?





Empty by K.M. Walton. I read this book back in 2018 and I still hate everything about it. It has terrible representation. This book was just terrible in every way. Do no pick it up.





Which book have you read the most?





At least once a year, I get in a mood where I want to read really terrible smutty vampire books. The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout is the book I always turn to when I'm feeling this type of way. I can't even tell you how many times I've read this book.





Which book would you hate to receive as a gift?





Honestly, I think this question is kind of rude. If someone is kind enough to gift you a book, you should be happy about it.





Which book could you not live without?





A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. I freaking love this book. Chapter 55 is everything I never knew I needed. This book just really changed a lot of my opinions about ACOTAR.





Which book made you angriest?





Queen of Nothing by Holly Black. This book didn't make me angry. It just really disappointed me. I feel like it was rushed to be put out early. I wish they would have stuck with the original publication date and worked on the story more.





Which book made you cry the most?





It's very rare for a book to make me cry. I'm having a really hard time trying to remember one that made me cry!





Which book cover do you hate the most?





Renegades by Marissa Meyer. I am not a big fan of the color scheme for this series and I'm honestly not loving any of the covers. Please don't come at me!





I'm tagging:






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!