Review: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban






Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Published by Scholastic Inc. on July 8th, 1999
Genre(s): Middle Grade, Fantasy
Page Count: 435
Goodreads

Synopsis:
For Twelve long years, the dread fortress of Azkaban held an infamous prisoner named Sirius Black. Convicted of killing thirteen people with a single curse, he was said to be the heir apparent to the Dark Lord, Voldemort.





Now he has escaped, leaving only two clues as to where he might be headed: Harry Potter's defeat of You-Know-Who was Black's downfall as well. And the Azkaban guards heard Black muttering in his sleep, "He's at Hogwarts...he's at Hogwarts."





Harry Potter isn't safe, not even within the walls of his magical school, surrounded by his friends. because on top of it all, there may well be a traitor in their midst.










Purchase:





Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Audiobook ~ Book Depository










I Enjoyed:





  • I really love that this book is a bit longer than the first two. I know the length of the book doesn't say anything about what's inside. It just makes me happy to know that from here on out, there's going to be A LOT going on. I'm living for it.
  • Hermione hitting Draco.
  • Professor Lupin. I made a post about this the other day. Lupin is my all-time favorite Harry Potter character. In my opinion, he's the best adult figure in Harry's life. He's also the wittiest. I just love his character and I'm still angry about Deathly Hallows.
  • The time-turner. I feel like this little device put a big twist on this book. Without this item, I feel like this book would have been the most boring out of all the books. Without it, it would have fell flat.
  • Hermione hitting Draco.
  • I love that this book is not focused on Voldemort. I love that there's a different villain in this book and it's not all about the dark lord making his return. It gives a nice little break.
  • I like that even with so much going on in this book, you got to see more spell learning. I feel like it's not as discussed as it should be seeing as this series takes place in a school.
  • Buckbeak is my favorite creature from this series. I'm so glad he's in this book. He plays a wonderful role and I love what he did to Draco.
  • HERMIONE HITTING DRACO!!!!!!




I Didn't Enjoy:





  • I don't think this is something I really paid attention to when I read these books as a kid. I just think the trio are still really immature for being teenagers now. I don't know if that's just how Stephen Fry is making them seem or what. They just seem a bit whiny for their age.




Overall Thoughts:





I loved this reread! I know by now, I may sound like a broken record. I'm loving this entire series. I'm so glad this reread is going so well. I was really hoping that I didn't just love this as a kid and continued to love it for nostalgic reasons. I got reintroduced to my favorite character. I got to see some of my favorite scenes unfold. Hermione hitting Draco will always be my highlight of the entire series. I'm glad I'm finally done with this book so I can get to my favorite book out of the series.





5/5 Stars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To