ARC Review: A Heart So Fierce And Broken by Brigid Kemmerer






A Heart So Fierce And Broken by Brigid Kemmerer
Expected Publication by Bloomsbury YA on January 7th, 2020
Genre(s): Fantasy, Young Adult
Page Count: 464
Goodreads

Synopsis:
Find the heir, win the crown.

The curse is finally broken, but Prince Rhen of Emberfall faces darker troubles still. Rumors circulate that he is not the true heir and that forbidden magic has been unleashed in Emberfall. Although Rhen has Harper by his side, his guardsman Grey is missing, leaving more questions than answers.





Win the crown, save the kingdom.
Rumored to be the heir, Grey has been on the run since he destroyed Lilith. He has no desire to challenge Rhen--until Karis Luran once again threatens to take Emberfall by force. Her own daughter Lia Mara sees the flaws in her mother’s violent plan, but can she convince Grey to stand against Rhen, even for the good of Emberfall?





The heart-pounding, compulsively readable saga continues as loyalties are tested and new love blooms in a kingdom on the brink of war.





Pre-Order:





Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Audiobook ~ Book Depository










I Enjoyed:





  • I loved getting a story from Grey's perspective. I really enjoyed him in A Curse So Dark And Lonely. I didn't realize how much I actually liked him until I read this one. I thought I was going to be upset without Rhen and Harper being the main characters. I'm actually happy they were placed in the background for this book.
  • I love the character development of Grey. He goes from someone who doesn't want to accept who he is, to someone who is just amazing. I don't really want to give anything away because I honestly forget what was actually mentioned in A Curse So Dark And Lonely and I don't want to spoil this book for anyone!
  • Lia Mara was an excellent surprise! (I like her more than Harper, I'm sorry!) I feel like her perspective of life is just beautiful. She wants unity. She wants peace. She does not want a war. She tries her best to get other people to think the same way as her.
  • I feel like this book is filled with a lot of twists. I'm not going to go into any detail. I just had a couple of draw dropping moments.
  • I just overall enjoyed this story more than A Curse So Dark And Lonely. Grey is my favorite character and I'm glad I got an entire book about him.




I Didn't Enjoy:





  • I really disliked Rhen's character in this book. I feel like it shouldn't have gone the way it did. He should have just put his stubbornness aside. I know it helps make this story better. I just really wish the ending didn't freaking end that way! I am so upset!
  • Harper. I'm not going to get into her too much right now. I'm just really disappointed in her.




Overall Thoughts:





I got so freaking lucky and was sent this copy of A Heart So Fierce And Broken. I thought I would have to wait until January to finally read this book. Honestly, I'm torn. I kinda wish I would have waited until it's release date because now I have to wait even longer for the next book.





I definitely liked this book more than A Curse So Dark And Lonely. I feel like this book was heavier in the emotional aspect. People are torn. I just want to reread this book already! I have changed opinions about certain characters. It ended on a crazy cliffhanger and I'm not okay. I'm far from okay. I loved this book so much.





I just really don't know what I'm going to do until the next book is released. I may hibernate...





5/5 Stars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To