Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo // Book Review


Title: Six Of Crows
Series: Six Of Crows (#1)
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Genre(s): Fantasy, Young Adult
Page Count: 462
Purchase: Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Book Depository










Synopsis:







Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can’t pull it off alone. . . .





A convict with a thirst for revenge

A sharpshooter who can’t walk away from a wager

A runaway with a privileged past

A spy known as the Wraith

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes





Kaz’s crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don’t kill each other first. 










~Things I Liked~





  • Kaz and Inej. Honestly, I really wanted this heist book to turn into a smutty romance between them. I wanted this entire book to be about Kaz and Inej. THE FREAKING ANTICIPATION OF THEM. I love the subtlety of their feelings for each other. Just fucking go for it. Kiss. Do something. When Inej touches Kaz, I was on fire. When Nina states what she can sense when Kaz is around Inej, I died. I was living for them. Did I get anything? Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.
  • I loved being back in the Grisha world. I really enjoyed learning new things about it. I’m really confused as to what has happened since the Grisha trilogy. Maybe I’ll get that insight in King of Scars?
  • I really freaking loved how dark this book seemed to be. I got so many gothic-like vibes from this book.
  • The LGBTQ+ rep in this book was such a tease. I need more Wylan and Jesper. They are super adorable together and I already miss their banter.
  • Matthias and Nina. I love their relationship growth. From Matthias being brainwashed into hating Grisha to realizing he was the one in the wrong.
  • Unlike a lot of fantasies I’ve read, the “big plot” didn’t just happen in one chapter or less. The heist took a pretty big part in this book. It wasn’t easy for them to accomplish their task and that’s what I love. They had to work their asses off for it to work out perfectly. Even then, it didn’t work out perfect.
  • I’m going to give Kaz his own little thing here. I love Kaz. He has to be one of my favorite main characters to date. Not only is he bad ass, but he’s also handicap. He relies on a cane to get around most of the time. He doesn’t let that get in his way. He can still beat anyone’s ass if he wanted to. He went through so much to get where he is now and it just makes me love him more. (don’t love him more than The Darkling, though)




~Things I Didn’t Like~





  • This book took me a while to get in to. It has a very slow start. Once it got to the heist part, I was in.
  • I feel like it was really impossible for teens to do a heist. I understand that she made this book young adult. But I mean, come on. Teens infiltrating a high security Ice Court. Adults can barely do that. I didn’t think it was suitable to make these characters as young as they are. I really hope that one day Bardugo writes an adult fantasy.




~Overall Thoughts~





I didn’t seem to love this book as much as everyone else. I did very much enjoy it. I’m just not obsessed with it like everyone. As of right now, I definitely love the Grisha trilogy more. I love the heist aspect, this is the first book I’ve ever read where the plot is to steal something. I’m definitely interested in continuing with this series, I just know I won’t pick up Crooked Kingdom ASAP.





3/5 Stars






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!