Annotating Books // Should I Do It?


I have tried annotating one book before. I'm not going to lie, I loved it. I loved being able to underline certain texts and writing my feelings. I feel like it really helped me process the book more. I felt more in tune with the book and how I felt with it. After I partially annotated that one book, I haven't done it sense.





I still have the urges to write in my books. When I read something funny. Something sad. Something that makes me angry. I just don't pick up my pen to write anything down. Why?





I'm so scared that I will want to get rid of these books in the future and no one will want them because I have written in them. I've been thinking about just annotating books that I know I will highly enjoy. But, to be honest, I feel like I'll enjoy all the books on my shelves. That's why I bought them.





I'm always so indecisive with what I want to do with my books. How I want to notate how I feel about them. Writing reviews really helps me remember how I felt about particular books. It's just not the same because I obviously don't include every thought in my reviews.





What do you think? Do you annotate your books? Should I start annotating again?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!