Review: Black Obsidian by Victoria Quinn

Black Obsidian
By Victoria Quinn
Published By: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform on March 7th 2017
Genres: Erotica, BDSM, Romance, Adult Fiction
Pages: 426
Purchase: AmazonKindle
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆
Beautiful Bastard

Synopsis:

I was standing at the bar and waiting for a friend when it happened.

When my life changed forever.

She strutted inside with her head held high with grace, not pretentiousness. With legs that reached her neck, and an hourglass frame perfect for gripping, she got me hard instantly.

And those green eyes got the rest of my body hard too.

Mistaking me for the man who cheated on her friend, she walked up to me, those green eyes burning with fire, and she slapped me so hard my skin bubbled.

And damn, it felt good.

She slapped me two more times, using her petite size to gain momentum as her palm crushed into my skin.

I never wanted it to end.

I’d never met a woman who made pain feel so good. I’d never met a woman as strong as myself. I’d never met a woman I wanted to dominate more.

I’d never met a woman like her.

Rome Moretti.

My next submissive.

The genres of this book is a little bit misleading. BDSM was not a heavy element in this book. Although, I feel like it will be in the next ones. I have no problem with the missing element in this book, I think it makes it better. Gives you more anticipation for what will came later.

Rome is a character you can easily like. She’s a headstrong, caring person who doesn’t like getting things handed to her. She can also beat your ass if you mess with her. Speaking of which, that’s kind of how she meets Calloway. By slapping him silly like five times.

Calloway is a man with his own demons. He’s a wealthy man who likes to give his money to charities and has one of his own. He also owns a BDSM club, Ruin. He’s a DOM before he meets Rome. He drops his DOM/SUB relationship as soon as he can’t stop thinking about Rome.

With her, he’s vanilla. They even hold off on having sex for four weeks. He’s changing for her and he doesn’t even realize it.

They’re relationship works for them. But Rome doesn’t know about Cal’s DOM side. He refrains from telling her throughout the book. I kind of wish he would have told her from the get go because I feel like she’s going to end up getting hurt.

All- in-all, I really enjoyed this book. It had the right amount of sexy and the right amount of dominance. It even seems like it’s going to have some action factors in it.

I can’t read to see what happens next with Rome and Calloway!

Five out of five stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!