REVIEW: One With You by Sylvia Day

Synopsis:
Gideon Cross. Falling in love with him was the easiest thing I’ve    ever done. It happened instantly. Completely. Irrevocably.

Marrying him was a dream come true. Staying married to him is     the fight of my life. Love transforms. Ours is both a refuge from     the storm and the most violent of tempests. Two damaged souls     entwined as one.

   We have bared our deepest, ugliest secrets to one another.    Gideon is the mirror that reflects all my flaws… all the beauty I    couldn’t see. He has given me everything. Now, I must prove I    can be the rock, the shelter for him that he is for me. Together, we    could stand against those who work so viciously to come between us.

But out greatest battle may lie within the very vows that give us strength. Committing to love was only the beginning. Fighting for it will either set us free… or break us apart.

Title: One With You
Author: Sylvia Day
Purchase: Amazon

Review (Beware of spoilers!)

Can I just say I waiting a freaking year for this book and it was not as great as I expected it to be?? I’m not saying it was terrible, but it could have been better. Right?

The main thing I disliked about this book is Monica. Why would Sylvia make her the main focus of this book? She was all I thought about as soon as it was mentioned that she wasn’t who she said she was. I did not start reading the Crossfire series for Monica. I started reading it because I liked Eva. She’s a great character but my focus was not on her!

The second thing I disliked about this book is it was boring until the last few chapters where Monica was killed. Thanks for that Sylvia, didn’t like her anyway. But why would you make something exciting happen at the end of the book? WHY???

I liked the progress Gideon has made toward being a better man for Eva. Although, it is a dick move to wait to tell Eva that her mother is dead.

And what’s with the creepy guy that’s been stalking Gideon that Anne Lucas has been practically brainwashing? Where do you come up with that mess?

All in all, the book could have been better. I’m not disappointed but I’m not happy with it either. I’m being generous and giving the book a four even though it deserves a three.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To