September '22 Wrap Up

This may have been the best reading month I've had all year. I'm a firm believer it's because I got rid of the toxic job that was making me unhappy in almost every aspect of my life. I wish that I could have reading months like this every month.

I definitely read a variety this month. Although, it was mostly romance. I will say that I rated the majority of these books high! 

What books did you read in September?

*each link will take you to my review of the book*

Lucy Checks In by Dee Ernst: I enjoyed this one enough. If you like contemporary books where the main character is a little bit older, you should love this one! ⭐⭐⭐

The Fixer Upper by Lauren Forsythe: I really liked this one. I loved the idea of it and I think it was executed quite well. My only complaint is that there wasn't much romance in this book. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

To Love Jason Thorn by Ella Maise: omg. I adore this book. I loved everything about it. Don't let the illustrated cover fool you, this book is steamy. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise: I had to immediately pick this one up after To Love Jason Thorn. I'm obsessed with these two books and I definitely think I'll read them both again in the future. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Red Hood by Elana K. Arnold: This kind of felt like a palette cleanser for me. I have read so much romance and contemporary recently. I liked this book, but not enough to rate it more than three stars. ⭐⭐⭐

Hidden Seams by Alessandra Torre: I think this one may be my least favorite Alessandra Torre book. I wasn't a huge fan of the male love interest pretending to be gay for an entire decade. This book was still pretty steamy though! ⭐⭐⭐

Priest by Sierra Simone: This book blew my mind. Sierra Simone killed it with this taboo novel. I couldn't put the damn thing down. There was so much spice. So much taboo spice. Five stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Pool Boy by Nikki Sloane: This is an age-gap romance where the female character is the older one. This was my first Nikki Sloane book and I knew I had to pick up more from her ASAP. I loved this book so much. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Flipped by Wendy Dalrymple: I honestly read this because I saw that it was on Scribd and is really short. If you like HGTV, you'll enjoy this one! ⭐⭐⭐

Ship Wrecked by Olivia Dade: This book started off with a bang, of the smutty kind of course. Unfortunately, this one ended up being my least favorite in the Spoiler Alert series. ⭐⭐⭐

The Initiation by Nikki Sloane: The Pool Boy got me started on my Nikki Sloane kick. I loved this book. It's so taboo and definitely one that I'll always recommend for a darker romance. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Obsession by Nikki Sloane: I became trash for this series. I loved this one because of Macalaster. This book was still dark and I loved every minute of it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

The Deception by Nikki Sloane: This is when the ratings started dropping for me... I really disliked the ending of this one. I'm spoiled and I did not get what I wanted. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Four Leaf by Lee Jacquot: Holy hell. For a short novella, this book is packing. There's primal kink in this one and I instantly became obsessed with it. Definitely pick this one up! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Redemption by Nikki Sloane: I'm sad I didn't love this one. I didn't want a redemption for Macalaster. This one wasn't as dark as it's predecessors. I wanted Macalaster's dark thoughts, all I got was him changing into someone he isn't. It was still a fun read though. ⭐⭐⭐

The Stand-In by Lily Chu: This book fell flat for me. I didn't enjoy it and it lacked romance. I don't think Lily Chu is an author for me... ⭐⭐ 

Lovely Bad Things by Trisha Wolfe: I don't know what this book was trying to do. I thought this book was going to center around the dark romance but there was too much other things going on. ⭐⭐

The Missed Connection by Denise Williams: I love these novellas! I could read them almost every day and not be tired of them! ⭐⭐⭐⭐



Comments

  1. First of all, it's been a while and I'm loving what you've done with the site!! It looks AMAZING!!
    Okay, so I see Nikki Sloane played a huge part (successfully) in giving you something to read :)
    I really enjoyed those two books by Ella Maise. I read them years ago, but I do remember loving them so I'm happy to see that you did as well.
    I hope you're able to get some quality reading in for October! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I busted my butt on making my blog the way I knew I would love it <3

      Happy October reading 🎃

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21