Life Updates?

It's been so long since I sat down to write a blog post. I took a much needed break away from blogging and reading to be honest. I got pretty behind on my Goodreads goal but that's okay, I'm catching up. My mental health needed a break and I was tired of pushing myself to read when I didn't want to.

So many things have happened since I last posted on here.

Back in early late July, early August, we all got Covid at home. My son got it first and then my husband and of course I got it. I was able to work from home while we were all sick, which I am grateful for. Unfortunately, it destroyed my mental health. I was unable to disassociate work from my home life. I absolutely hated every minute of it.

When I went back to work, I made the ultimate decision to quit. My job was extremely toxic and was constantly destroying my confidence in myself and ruining my mental health day by day. I have been unemployed since August 11th.

I do have a job lined up and I begin on September 12th.

I have taken this time away from work to work on myself and my family. I am in a much better space mentally and I'm happy. I have been doing so many things that I typically don't have time for throughout the week.

I've been doing the biggest clean out of our home since we moved in back in 2012. This has been so therapeutic. Especially because we live in such a small place and have so many things that we don't need.

It's also now Pumpkin Spice season which basically means Christmas so I'm thriving.

I'm trying to live life and not be stressed 24/7. I'm just trying to be my happiest self and enjoy every day to it's fullest. I am also going to try and bring back blogging... if it doesn't happen, that's okay!

I do need to get back to cleaning because as of right now, I have a little over a week until I'm back to working and I want this done completely before I start work!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!