Crave by Tracy Wolff

About The Book
Title: Crave
Author: Tracy Wolff
Genre: Fantasy
Page Count: 592
Rating: ★★★

Synopsis:

My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods…or monsters. I still can’t decide which of these warring factions I belong to, if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me.



Then there’s Jaxon Vega. A vampire with deadly secrets who hasn’t felt anything for a hundred years. But there’s something about him that calls to me, something broken in him that somehow fits with what’s broken in me.



Which could spell death for us all.



Because Jaxon walled himself off for a reason. And now someone wants to wake a sleeping monster, and I’m wondering if I was brought here intentionally—as the bait.
Links

My Review


This book was cringy af.

But I liked it?

I feel like this is what it would have felt like if I ever read Twilight. I think it's funny that Twilight is also referenced in this book. This had to be the most cliche book I have ever read. But I had a fun time reading it. 

When I first started it, I didn't think I was going to like it at all because of all the cringiness. It's set in today's time and so it uses all the talk all the "younger" people are using. It definitely reminded me that I have a son that sometimes talks like these teens did.

This book made me feel my age for sure. It reminds me why I'm trying hard to not pick up YA books anymore. I'm just trying to get through what I have on my shelves. 

With that being said, I want to pick up the next book. I don't think I'm going to give up on this series quite yet. I'm interested to know what happens next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To