A Court Of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

About The Book
Title: A Court of Silver Flames
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #4
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Genre: Adult Fantasy Romance
Pages: 757
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis:

Nesta Archeron has always been prickly-proud, swift to anger, and slow to forgive. And ever since being forced into the Cauldron and becoming High Fae against her will, she's struggled to find a place for herself within the strange, deadly world she inhabits. Worse, she can't seem to move past the horrors of the war with Hybern and all she lost in it.



The one person who ignites her temper more than any other is Cassian, the battle-scarred warrior whose position in Rhysand and Feyre's Night Court keeps him constantly in Nesta's orbit. But her temper isn't the only thing Cassian ignites. The fire between them is undeniable, and only burns hotter as they are forced into close quarters with each other.



Meanwhile, the treacherous human queens who returned to the Continent during the last war have forged a dangerous new alliance, threatening the fragile peace that has settled over the realms. And the key to halting them might very well rely on Cassian and Nesta facing their haunting pasts.



Against the sweeping backdrop of a world seared by war and plagued with uncertainty, Nesta and Cassian battle monsters from within and without as they search for acceptance-and healing-in each other's arms.
Links

My Review

I just need to learn that Sarah J. Maas is always out to hurt my feelings. She doesn’t care that she makes me cry. She doesn’t care that she breaks me in ten million different ways. I’m sure she thrives on making her readers get destroyed.



Going into this book, I was not exactly thrilled. (This book was still my number one most anticipated book of 2021 because Sarah wrote it.) Nesta was my least favorite character in the original ACOTAR trilogy. I even liked Amarantha better than her. I didn’t think there was any way that Sarah could get me to like Nesta. I was actually kind of pissed to find out this book was going to be centered around her.



BOY.



Nesta is now one of my favorite characters. Sarah worked her magic and made me love her. Now that I’ve been in Nesta’s head and now that I know what she has been going through mentally, I respect her. A Court of Frost and Starlight really made me hate her and now I feel bad for hating her.



Nesta and Cassian’s relationship in this book is just amazing. They work together so well and he has such respect for her even when no one else did. Also, I will say that I’m glad that Sarah is writing adult instead of young adult now. That smut was * chef’s kiss*.



There is such a beautiful friendship group in this novel. It’s kind of similar to Rhy’s cadre in A Court of Mist and Fury but it’s not exactly the same. Nesta befriends Gwyn and Emerie, two fae women who have traumatic pasts just like Nesta. They bond together knowing that they’ve all been through some shit and knowing they can help each other through anything. I was freaking crying. Their friendship is so beautiful.



It took me over a month to finish this book. Not because I didn’t like it… I love this book so much. I didn’t want it to end. Once I finished it, I had a good cry about not knowing when I can read a new Sarah J. Maas book.



I don’t know how much more I can gush about this book. I loved it. It’s a story I didn’t know I needed. I can’t wait to see who the next book is going to be about. Maybe Sarah can make me like Elain???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!