Book Review: Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett

Starry Eyes
Jenn Bennett
Published by Simon Pulse on April 3rd, 2018
421 Pages
Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Audiobook ~ Book Depository

Ever since last year’s homecoming dance, best friends-turned-best enemies Zorie and Lennon have made an art of avoiding each other. It doesn’t hurt that their families are the modern-day Californian version of the Montagues and Capulets.

But when a group camping trip goes south, Zorie and Lennon find themselves stranded in the wilderness. Alone. Together.

What could go wrong?

With no one but each other for company, Zorie and Lennon have no choice but to hash out their issues via witty jabs and insults as they try to make their way to safety. But fighting each other while also fighting off the forces of nature makes getting out of the woods in one piece less and less likely.

And as the two travel deeper into Northern California’s rugged backcountry, secrets and hidden feelings surface. But can Zorie and Lennon’s rekindled connection survive out in the real world? Or was it just a result of the fresh forest air and the magic of the twinkling stars?

I literally started and finished this book in less than a day. About five and a halfish hours. I couldn't put it down. I don't know if it was just my depression telling me to do nothing but read and play Animal Crossing or maybe this book was just... that good.

I freaking love this book. Jenn Bennett has definitely made it to being one of my favorite YA authors. I just really love her writing. So much. Each of her books hits me in a certain spot and I fall in love. This book is about two friends, Zorie and Lennon, that reconnect while camping. That's a story I can get into!

I've been fighting with myself for the last thirty minutes whether I was going to give it a three, four, or five star rating. I'm sticking with a five-star. This book just hit me in a spot and I know I'm going to smile about this book quite often.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!