Book Review: My Life In Shambles by Karina Halle








Karina Halle
Published by Metal Blonde Books on April 12th, 2019
348 Pages
Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Audiobook ~ Book Depository











They say bad things happen in threes. After my boyfriend broke off our engagement, I lost my apartment, and was laid off from my job, I can definitely attest to that.  





They also say life is what happens when you say yes to new adventures. So when my two sisters invited me to ring in the new year in Ireland, I decided to throw all caution to the wind and go for it. I was going to let "saying yes" be my new resolution.  





Little did I know I'd spend New Year's Eve having a hot and dirty one-night stand with Padraig McCarthy, one hell of a sexy Irishman. I also didn't know that the brooding and intense sex god was one of Ireland's top rugby players. A rugby player with a proposition for me: come with him to his tiny hometown of Shambles and pretend to be his fiancee for a few days, just so that his ailing father can have some peace of mind.  





It sounded simple enough. It was anything but. Not when a town gets up in your business, not when the media hunts you down, not when your past comes back in the picture, not when there are real hearts and feelings at stake.  





They say life is what happens when you say yes to new adventures. This is my life in Shambles.  









This book had me feeling all of the emotions. I typically don't read book reviews for romance novels because I'd rather go into them not knowing anything that happens in said book.





Honestly, if the book has a nice cover I'm gonna buy it without knowing what it's about. That's what I did for My Life In Shambles. I was not expecting my heart to breaking in ten million pieces.





This book checks off a lot of my favorite things in books: fake engagement, one night stand, hot guy with tattoos, and a serious topic. I didn't think this was going to be a five star book when I started it. I'm shocked with how much I love it.





I was constantly swooning over Padraig. He's literally just the sweetest and he's going through so much in this entire book. My heart ached for him so many times. Also for Valerie. She goes through a lot in this story as well.





I love Karina Halle's writing so much. I cannot wait to pick up more books by her in the future!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!