Possession by Jennifer Armintrout // Book Review

Possession
Blood Ties (#2)
Jennifer Armintrout
Published by Mira on January 23rd, 2007
378 pages
Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Audiobook ~ Book Depository

My father always said fear was a weakness. Well, that's easy to say when you don't have to worry about vampire slayers or holy water. I hate fear, but undead life goes on.

In the two months since I was attacked in the hospital morgue and turned into a vampire, I've killed my evil sire, Cyrus, fallen in love with my new sire, Nathan, and have even gotten used to drinking blood. Just when things are finally returning to normal―as normal as they can be when sunlight can kill you―Nathan becomes possessed. And then he slaughters an innocent human.

Now it's my job to find Nathan before the Voluntary Vampire Extinction Movement does, because they're just waiting for an excuse to terminate him―"and" anyone foolish enough to help him. But it gets worse. It turns out that Nathan's been possessed by one of the most powerful and wicked vampires alive―the Soul Eater. And who knows what vile plan he's concocted?

With the Soul Eater and my possessed sire on the loose, I have a "lot" to fear. Including being killed. Again.


"You weren't good enough to change him."

Unfortunately, this is my least favorite book in the series. Why? There's hardly any Nathan!

In Possession, Nathan gets possessed by the Soul Eater. He's reliving the moment where he killed his wife over and over again. Carrie goes on a mission to find Cyrus. Max and another assassin, Bella, are trying to find Nathan.

As a group, they work to try and find a cure for Nathan. They all get their own point of views in this book. I forgot that this book got more than just Carrie's point of view.

I loved seeing things from Cyrus and Max's point of view. I know I'm not supposed to like Cyrus, but I do. I even liked him in the first book when he's super evil. I like the bad guy. Don't come at me. I still don't like him more than Nathan though.

This book just felt slow moving for me. I remember my first read of this book took me a long time. This time around, it took me about two days. I couldn't put the first book down, whereas I was reluctant to pick this one up. It's a filler book that leads up to the craziness that happens in the next two books.

Either way, I'm still rating it five stars because I'm trash for this series.

Also, I was reading through the reviews on Goodreads and saw a couple of people complaining about the "cheating" in this book. Honestly, I don't see it as cheating. Nathan and Carrie are not official in this book. They are tied together through the Blood Tie. They sleep together. Nathan is hung up on his dead wife. I think it's fair that Carrie gets to do whatever she wants seeing as Nathan's heart is elsewhere.

5/5 stars

Comments

  1. I've only read the Lux series by her, but I'm told her adult series I pretty good. I'll have to check this series out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually not the same author! They just happen to have the same name.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!