Review: Heartstopper Vol. 1 by Alice Oseman


Synopsis:





Charlie Spring is in Year 10 at Truham Grammar School for Boys. The past year hasn't been too great, but at least he's not being bullied anymore, and he's sort of got a boyfriend, even if he's kind of mean and only wants to meet up in secret.





Nick Nelson is in Year 11 and on the school rugby team. He's heard a little about Charlie - the kid who was outed last year and bullied for a few months - but he's never had the opportunity to talk to him. That is, until the start of January, in which Nick and Charlie are placed in the same form group and made to sit together.





They quickly become friends, and soon Charlie is falling hard for Nick, even though he doesn't think he has a chance. But love works in surprising ways, and sometimes good things are waiting just around the corner...










Purchase: Amazon ~ Book Depository










My Review:





I was just saying not too long ago how I couldn't stand graphic novels because I couldn't understand how to read them. Well. This one definitely changed my mind. I guess I just have to read contemporary graphic novels.





This book was just so freaking adorable. The art and dialogue vaguely reminded me of those emo memes I would post on Myspace. It was just really freaking cute. I loved this book.





You don't really have to wait for anything to happen. This book is packed with cuteness and I giggled a lot through it. I'm definitely going to buy Vol. 2 as fast as I can. This one took a while to get to me, so hopefully Vol. 2 will get here faster.





Charlie and Nick are just so cute. Yes, I know I'm saying that word a lot in this review but I don't care. IT'S FREAKING CUTE. I cannot wait to see what happens in Vol. 2 and how their friendship/relationship blooms!





5/5 Stars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To