Review: The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary


Synopsis:





Tiffy Moore and Leon Twomey each have a problem and need a quick fix.





Tiffy’s been dumped by her cheating boyfriend and urgently needs a new flat. But earning minimum wage at a quirky publishing house means that her choices are limited in London.





Leon, a palliative care nurse, is more concerned with other people’s welfare than his own. Along with working night shifts looking after the terminally ill, his sole focus is on raising money to fight his brother’s unfair imprisonment.





Leon has a flat that he only uses 9 to 5. Tiffy works 9 to 5 and needs a place to sleep. The solution to their problems? To share a bed of course...





As Leon and Tiffy’s unusual arrangement becomes a reality, they start to connect through Post-It notes left for each other around the flat.





Can true love blossom even in the unlikeliest of situations?
Can true love blossom even if you never see one another?
Or does true love blossom when you are least expecting it?










Purchase: Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Audiobook ~ Book Depository










I Enjoyed:





  • I love that this book was equally goofy and serious all at the same time. Tiffy is hilarious and completely herself, even when dealing with a crazy ex boyfriend. I just really love Tiffy's personality. She's bright and airy. It's nice to get a fun character!
  • I adore Leon! I love how antisocial he can be. Once he's with Tiffy, she's the highlight of him. She brings him out of shell. It's really beautiful.
  • I love the idea that they were writing notes to each other every day and getting to know each other through post-its. I know a lot of people said this is like the movie "You've Got Mail", I've never seen it so I can't say if it is or not. It's such a cute idea.
  • I love the scene where they first see each other. It was quite hilarious. I reread it about four times. I may reread it some more because it's just that great.
  • I love that both Tiffy and Leon have something serious going on in their lives. I love that they help each other through their tough times.
  • I love that all of the side characters are also a big part of this story. They're not one dimensional. They have their own stories that we get to find out. Beth put so much thought into this book. It's incredible!
  • I love Leon's journey of finding Johnny White. I think it's so cute he's trying to connect one of his favorite patients back with the love of their life. It just warmed my heart. Leon is the sweetest person EVER!




I Didn't Enjoy:





  • There honestly wasn't anything I didn't enjoy! This book is just so good :)




Overall Thoughts:





I really enjoyed my time reading this book. I'm sad I'm finished with it. I want more of Leon and Tiffy. They're perfect for each other. This story itself is perfect. If you're looking for a contemporary read that's funny and serious, this is the book for you. I didn't want to put it down!





I'm definitely going to pick up more books by Beth in the future. I'm hoping they will be as good as this one.





4.5/5 Stars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To