Review: A Curse So Dark And Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer


Synopsis: 


Fall in love, break the curse.

Cursed by a powerful enchantress to repeat the autumn of his eighteenth year, Prince Rhen, the heir of Emberfall, thought he could be saved easily if a girl fell for him. But that was before he turned into a vicious beast hell-bent on destruction. Before he destroyed his castle, his family, and every last shred of hope.

Nothing has ever been easy for Harper. With her father long gone, her mother dying, and her brother constantly underestimating her because of her cerebral palsy, Harper learned to be tough enough to survive. When she tries to save a stranger on the streets of Washington, DC, she's pulled into a magical world.

Break the curse, save the kingdom.

Harper doesn't know where she is or what to believe. A prince? A curse? A monster? As she spends time with Rhen in this enchanted land, she begins to understand what's at stake. And as Rhen realizes Harper is not just another girl to charm, his hope comes flooding back. But powerful forces are standing against Emberfall . . . and it will take more than a broken curse to save Harper, Rhen, and his people from utter ruin.

Purchase: Amazon ~ Kindle ~ Audiobook ~ Book Depository




My Review:


A Curse So Dark and Lonely is yet another retelling of Beauty and the Beast. In my opinion, it's one of the best retellings I have ever read. I really enjoyed my time reading this book and I cannot wait to read A Heart So Fierce and Broken!

In this retelling, we follow Harper. A young woman who is taken because she decides she wants to help another woman not get abducted. Harper is an amazing character. She's strong and quick to think. She also has Cerebral Palsy. I love the representation in this book. I have never read a book before with a character that has Cerebral Palsy.

Harper gets taken to Emberfall. Where she meets the prince, Rhen. She obviously doesn't like him at first. Who would like the person who has kidnapped you? Rhen and his castle is cursed. He has to complete a task in order to break this curse. (We can all guess what that is.)

Also, Emberfall seems to take place in a time where there is no electricity and Harper is from our time. I thought that was an amazing element in this book. I love being able to see Harper adjust to a time where there are no electronics. It's amazing.

There's so many amazing characters in this book. The story is amazing. This book is amazing. I really don't want to give too much away because I don't want to ruin this book for anyone! Just trust me when I say you need to read this book!!

5/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!