Review: This Girl by Colleen Hoover

Title: This Girl
Author: Colleen Hoover
Series: Slammed (#3)
Publication Date: August 13th, 2013
Genre(s): Romance, New Adult
Page Count: 288
Order On Amazon
Add To Goodreads

Synopsis:

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

My Review

I’m honestly kind of angry with this book. I liked it, it was alright. But. BUT. Was this book really necessary? It’s really just the first book all over again with some added extras. I think I would rather have read a novella about their honeymoon and them just enjoying being newlyweds.

Likes:
I really enjoyed all of the honeymoon scenes. I love that we finally get to see Lake and Will get to be together. I love that their relationship has grown into something wonderful. I’m not going to lie, those were the only parts that I liked in this book.

Dislikes:
I just really hated that there was a flashback to almost every situation that happened in the first book. Like I already stated, this book was pointless. I’ve already read this book.

Final Thoughts:
I really wish this book didn’t happen. If the honeymoon scenes weren’t as good as they were, this book would have gotten a lower rating than a three. I was constantly close to putting this book down and never picking it up again. I have never disliked a Colleen Hoover book before and I’m just really mad about this. I don’t know, maybe I’m being too harsh? Eh, nope. This book was pointless.

 3/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!