Review: Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Title: Slammed
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publication Date: January 4th, 2012
Genre(s): Romance, New Adult
Page Count: 317

Synopsis:

Layken's father died suddenly, leaving her to gather every ounce of strength to be a pillar for her family, in order to prevent their world from falling apart. Now her life is taking another unexpected turn...

Layken's mother gets a job which leads to an unwanted move across the country. However, a new home means new neighbours... and Layken's new neighbour is the very attractive Will Cooper.

Will has an intriguing passion for slam poetry, and a matching passion for life. The two feel an irresistible attraction but are rocked to the core when a shocking revelation brings their romance to a screeching halt. Layken and Will must find a way to fight the forces that threaten to tear them apart...or learn to live without each other.

My Review:

I wonder if there's anything Colleen Hoover will write that I won't like. I believe this is first book. I'm just now getting around to reading it. I can really devour her books though. I really wanted to finish this in one day, I think it was more like a day and a half worth of reading. 

Likes: 
What isn't there to like about a Colleen Hoover book?

I loved Layken. Someone who's gone through a lot and still manages to be awesome. Granted, I think at time she's still too immature for Will. Like when she's with Eddie. I mean, you're wanting to date someone older, you don't need to act like a high schooler. I still really loved her character.

Will. Will. Will. I think he's one of my favorite male characters that Colleen has written. I think it's because he's a teacher. And he's a young teacher. And he's a hot young teacher. Must I go on?

I love the teacher-student relationship trope. (No I do not condone this in real life!) I love that their relationship is censored. That's probably because this is an early book of hers and she was testing out the waters for her audience. I could have used more love scenes in this one Colleen! Or at least one love scene, dang it!

I love Will and Layken's relationship. Even though we don't get much of it. I can't wait to read more about them. I want them to get married and have their own children. I need this. 

Dislikes:
I feel cheated in a way. I feel like this book went too fast. Luckily, there's two more to follow it :)

Final Thoughts:
I'm already hungover from this book. I went to my app to pick another book to read and I was very offended that it didn't choose Point Of Retreat. I may have to wait a little bit until the next book because I'm being loyal to this darned app. 

5/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To