Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Grateful For

I figured, I can do this one. It’s a freebie and I’m sure there’s a decent amount of books I’ve read that I’m grateful for. With Thanksgiving around the corner and everyone will be giving thanks, I decided I’m going to give thanks to these amazing books that I’ve read and adored.

Some of these books are really important to me in many ways. I’ll get descriptive with each book that I post.

With that being said, here are the books that I’m grateful for.

Also, I’m not going to include Harry Potter in this list. Yes, I am grateful for Harry Potter. Beyond grateful. I just think it’s something that everyone would already know.

What books are you grateful for? And why?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

This is a book that has sentimental value to me. To me, it’s not just a book about a kick ass female who kills a crap ton of bad guys.

It’s much more than that.

My grandma bought me this book when I first moved in with her. It got me back to reading. This book made me fall for the written text again.

My grandma has since passed. I’m twenty-five and I still have the copy of this series that she bought me.

I don’t think I’ll ever part with it.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I used to read a lot of fantasy back in the day. I was constantly read vampire books and falling in love with things that don’t exist.

When I got back into reading, again, I was strictly reading contemporary or romance. Thinking I’ve outgrown the fantasy worlds that I used to love.

In 2017 I read one fantasy book. Just one.

This book reminded me that I love to escape the real world. I don’t need everything to be real for me to love it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Come This Way by Michelle Schlicher

This is the first book I was ever sent free for a review.

Michelle very kindly sent me an e-copy of this book and I read it in like two days. I devoured this book. I know it was with the excitement that someone wanted me to read their book.

I didn’t want to let Michelle down.

I loved this book. It was such a wonderful read. I’m really glad that my first reviewing experience wasn’t with a book I didn’t like.

I will have to get a physical copy of this book soon!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monsters In The Dark by Pepper Winters

This is one of my all-time favorite books. I’m grateful because this book taught me to never be ashamed of what I read.

I’m sure lugging around this 800 page book with this cover got me some looks. And you know what?

I don’t care.

I love what I read. As should everyone else. Don’t let anyone let you feel bad for reading what you do. Don’t let them make you feel shameful.

Give them a nice hand gesture and get back to your book.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

This is the book I was most proud of for the longest time. It was my first ARC!

I was constantly wondering what I was doing to never receive any ARCs and I just happened to have won this in a Goodreads giveaway.

It took me about three days to finish this book and I was stoked on it. I was so scared I was going to hate it.

I didn’t want to give a bad review for a book that wasn’t even released yet!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines

This is the first book to ever make me cry. Ugly cry.

I read this book in May of 2017. My grandma passed away in March 2017.

It really hit home and made me feel everything I was keeping bottled up from missing my grandma.

I wish I can say I had this book with me when she passed.

It probably would have been ruined with all of my tears. My grandma doesn’t like ruined books. Maybe it was a good thing I hadn’t read it yet.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Confess by Colleen Hoover

Are any of my lists complete without a book by Colleen in them?

I was just browsing through Books A Million one day and saw this gorgeous cover. I had to have it on my pretty bare shelves.

Little did I know, this book opened up the biggest can of worms that is Colleen Hoover’s books.

I went on a mission to buy as many as I could with what little money I was making at my shit part-time job.

Her books will always have a home on my shelves. No matter how packed they get.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To