Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Surprised Me

This list was a little hard to do. Hence why I only have eight books instead of ten. Some of these surprises are good, some are bad. I’ll go into more detail with each book listed.

What books surprised you?

We Were Liars

E. Lockhart

So I’m sure I’m one of the few who really disliked this book. I was so surprised that I didn’t like it. I figured out the plot twist early in the story. I just didn’t really feel this book and it’s writing style. Even though I disliked this book, I’m pretty sure I would give E. Lockhart another chance.

A Court Of Thorns And Roses

Sarah J. Maas

This entire series has blown me away. I always told myself that I would never read anything by Sarah J. Maas and I currently now own the majority of her books. This book took me completely by surprise. I just really adore this series.

A Short History Of The Girl Next Door

Jared Reck

I was expecting this book to be a light fluffy read. Oh. It’s anything but. It had me in tears. I wasn’t prepared for how this book was going to wreck me. 

Fault Line

C. Desir

This book is heartbreaking. I kinda knew it going in, but you still can’t prepare yourself for what Ani goes through. This book gets descriptive. I would avoid it if rape is a trigger for you.

Me & Milo The Great

Michelle Schlicher

I have read two of Michelle’s books and was surprised by both. When she asked me to review this book, I was a bit sketchy. You don’t get too much of the story line from the synopsis. You go into this book blind. It’s a good thing though. It’s a wonderful read. 
Michelle’s books are books that I don’t think I’ll like, but I end up loving them!

One Night Promised

Jodi Ellen Malpas

When I picked up this book, I was a bit weary of the romance genre. I broke away from reading strictly vampire books and switched to romance. I was shocked at how much I loved this book. I went and bought the rest of this series plus her other series. She is now an auto-buy author!

The Way I Used To Be

Amber Smith

I was so touched with this book. I related to Eden so much. It felt like reading a book almost based on my life. It’s such a wonderful read. Trigger warning for rape.

Eliza And Her Monsters

Francesca Zapia

I thought this book was going to be overhyped and wasn’t going to live up to it. Oh boy, I was wrong. I loved this book so much. The anxiety representation was done so well. I even liked the images that went along with the comic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To