Review: A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas


A Court Of Thorns And Roses

Sarah J. Maas

Published By: Bloomsbury U.S.A. Children's Books on May 3rd 2016
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance
Pages: 448
Purchase: Amazon - Kindle 
My Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆
Beautiful Bastard 

Synopsis:


When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin-one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow over the faerie lands is growing, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin-and his world-forever.



Beware Of Spoilers!!!

My Thoughts:

Originally, I never planned on picking up any book by Sarah J. Maas. I thought she was overhyped by everyone in the book community and I just didn't trust what the thousands of people have said about her books. I picked up this book on a whim at Target when they didn't have any other books that I wanted to buy. I figured, maybe I'll read it some day.

Well I was watching a video on Booktube that sold me on this book. Not once did I really see anywhere else that said this book is, in a way, a Beauty and the Beast retelling. I picked it up immediately after my last book and I fell in love with it within the first like four chapters. I ended up buying the rest of this series and the Throne Of Glass series.

I am now trash for Sarah J. Maas. I will most likely pick up anything she writes just because this book was just so freaking amazing.

Pros:

Pronunciation Guide: I know this is a weird thing to be excited about. But when I found this guide in the back of the book, I was ecstatic. I was wondering how to pronounce certain names and other words from this world and thankfully, there was a guide to help me learn!

Feyre: I love her so much. She's such a genuine character. She provides for her family by hunting for food. While hunting one day, she kills a faerie and she sells his hide. She did what she had to do to help her family survive. When Tamlin comes to collect her for her punishment, she goes willingly to make sure her family remained safe. She has so much love in her and she cares so much. She's such a strong main character and I'm so glad Maas didn't write her as a damsel in distress.

Tamlin: I really wish there was a lot more of him in this book. I LOVE Tamlin. I knew when he went to collect Feyre that there were other motives other than punishment. He never once was mean to her or hateful towards her. He's a kind soul trying to save his estate and those faeries who live with him. 

Lucien: I really enjoyed Lucien. He was the best kind of person for Feyre to be around. He told her how it is and even gave her information if she asked. He was such an honest faerie and he is very loyal. 

Descriptive: Sarah J. Maas did an excellent job at describing things in this book. I sometimes have a hard time reading fantasy due to the fact that things aren't described very well. If I can't picture everything clearly, I don't like it. She did a great job at painting this story out like it were one giant mural. 

Cons:

The Ending: The ending was really abrupt. I'm almost disappointed that it didn't take them longer to figure out how to save Feyre. And after she was saved, it really just ended from there. I wish there was a little bit more to it. 

Recommend To:  

Anyone who wants to read fantasy but is intimidated by it. It's a good book to get you started in the fantasy genre!

My Rating:
5/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!