End Of The Year Book Tag 2017

I’m not entirely sure if I did this tag last year. Seeing as everyone else is doing it, I think I should too. 2017 has been the best year. I started driving, got an amazing new job and was able to do all the things we’ve wanted to do without actually worrying about getting our bills paid. 2017 has been such a blessing to me and my family.

With this amazing new job came a lot of new books. I had a goal at the beginning of the year to acquire five hundred books. Well, I surpassed that. I’m ending 2017 with a little over SEVEN HUNDRED books guys! I had I think like 450 at the end of 2016. I don’t even remember. I’m very happy with the amount of books I’ve gotten this year. I’ve worked so hard for this and I have spoiled myself rotten.

But also with new job came less reading time. This is my first full-time job since 2013. I have forgotten how much time is dedicated to being at work for 40 hours a week and how tiring it is. My reading goal for 2017 was 60 books. I’m typing this up the week before Christmas so my numbers could change, but I’ve read 54 books this year. I’m just now getting in the habit of reading as much as I can instead of napping. Maybe next years reading will be better? We shall see.

I do plan on keeping my 60 book goal for 2018. I’m really hoping that I will spend more time reading books than sitting on my phone scrolling through Facebook or watching Youtube videos. I also have another goal regarding books. I do not want to purchase anywhere near as many as I have this year. I do want to spoil myself and get a book subscription box but that’s really all I need. My TBR list is way too long for me to keep adding like 20-50 books a month to it. I’m not entirely sure which box I’m going to get so leave some suggestions in the comments.

Now that this prelude is done, I’m going to get to the questions!

1. Are there any books you started this year you need to finish?

There isn’t! I think I put down one book this year and there’s no flipping chance I’m going to pick it back up because it was so terrible. I have a rule that if I start a book, I have to finish it. Chasing Red by Isabelle Ronin was the book I put down. It had so much hype but I just couldn’t for the life of me get into the darned thing.

2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition to the end of the year?

I’m actually not a seasonal reader. I don’t read books just because of the weather outside. I live in Florida so we really only get one season. Summer. I can’t just read summery books all year long, can I? 

3. Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?

I don’t really keep up with new releases unless it’s one of my favorite authors. I’ve honestly just been picking up books that I think I’ll like and hope for the best. 

4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?

I really want to be able to finish the Dollars series by Pepper Winters. I’ve been waiting all year for all of the books to be released and now that it’s the holiday season I’ve been busy with everything else but reading!!!

5. Is there a book that could still shock you and become your favorite?

This actually just happened. I just recently finished Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall and it was bumped up to my favorites’ shelf. It was such a wonderful read!

6. Have you already made reading plans for 2018?

I already stated this in my long story above all the questions lol. But I do plan on keeping the same goals from 2017. Just to read 60 books. Hopefully I’ll reach it next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!