Review: Me & Milo The Great by Michelle Schlicher

Beautiful BastardMe & Milo The Great
By Michelle Schlicher
Published By: Expected publication: September 14th 2017
Genres: Fiction
Pages: 224
Purchase: Kindle
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆
Beautiful Bastard

My name is Holiday Sanchez. I carry a heavy burden.

But I’m not the only one.

There are others who know what it feels like to remember. Maybe they are the answer. Maybe we can help each other. Maybe I’ll finally get past it.

Maybe it just takes time—and a little bit of magic.




I received a copy of this book from the author for my honest review.


You literally go in to this book without know a lot. I think it’s so good to have that mysterious sense about a book. I went in to this book not knowing whether or not I was going to enjoy it. But I’ve read another book by Michelle and I loved it, so I expected to love this one as well.

Holiday Sanchez has been through a lot. She has a social anxiety as a result from a traumatizing event during her childhood.  This is the story of how Holiday heals from that event. 
I’m also not going to say anything about what happened because I want everyone to be as shocked and heartbroken as I was. 
On the anniversary date if the horrific event, Holiday meets Milo the Great. He’s a quirky magician who isn’t so great at magic tricks. Something about Milo made me fall in love with him. He was exactly what Holiday needed and he stays with her throughout her healing process and even helps her along the way.
There is a revelation at the end of the book that absolutely broke my heart. Milo and Holiday are similar in many ways. I had a feeling at the beginning of the book that they would be connected in some critical way. I really wish they weren’t because I love Milo and I didn’t want him to be hurt in any kind of way.
I really loved this book and it’s so good that you go into it without knowing too much. It was such a wonderful heartfelt read and I didn’t want to put it down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!