TAG TUESDAY: The Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag

Hey guys! I’m bring Tag Tuesday back! I’m also looking for other things to keep my blog updated often. It’s just not enough to do only book reviews and currently reading posts. I’m thinking about maybe doing a questions Friday or something? Maybe something like those old Myspace surveys? I don’t know. We shall see.

Anywho, let’s get back to Tag Tuesday. I started this when I first started my blog. I kind of let it die out. I got lazy and was always trying to scramble between making the post and making sure it gets posted.

I will now spend my Saturdays and Sundays setting up for my posts. I’m also going to have it post by itself. I won’t have to worry about that part!

I found this tag from Dreamlandbookblog. I am also trying something new. I will take my own pictures instead of just getting the image of the cover from the internet.

I’m actually going to work with this!!!

Here we go!!!

1. Best color combo on a book cover:

November 9 by Colleen Hoover

I originally purchased this book because of it’s cover. It’s a perfect “fall” book. I’m not a big fan of orange, but I think it works really well for this cover. I feel like it’s orange for a reason though. Like maybe what happens in the book. Hmmmm.

2. Best typography/font on a book cover:

The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes

I adore the font on this cover. It’s very French-like. It suits the book because the book is actually set in France. 

3. Best simple cover:

An Abundance Of Kathrines by John Green

I love white covers. I love it more when they’re not overcrowded with images and thick fonts. This cover is so simple, I love it!

4. Best endpages:

The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee

The endpages are gorgeous. I did buy the book for the cover. When I opened it, I almost freaking died. I love the gold blended in with the black. It amazes me. 

5. Best map:

Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

I’m not going to lie, I didn’t know there were maps in these books. I saw an Instagram the other day with it. I am ashamed of myself. 

6. Best naked hardback:

Tell Me Three Things by Julie Baxbaum

I love hardbacks like this. I just for the life of me cannot tell you what it’s called when they do this with the covers. Help me?

7. Best back cover

We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach

I don’t know what it is about it, but I love it. There’s not much to it and it’s still calming to me. 

8. Best chapter headers:

Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour

It’s not a chapter header. But it’s the most gorgeous part header I’ve ever seen!!

9. Best illustrations:

Confess by Colleen Hoover

I’m well aware these aren’t illustrations. But the artwork for this book is amazing. I kind of need some in my house!

10. Best spine:

Monsters In The Dark by Pepper Winters

I just adore the font for this!! And of course, the bird <3

11. Favorite cover on your shelves:

Adore by Nina Lane

I just love this cover. It’s freaking adorable!! I love the colors and the collage-like theme she has going on.

I hope you all enjoyed this tag. Remember, if you do it on your blog be sure to leave a link in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To