Review: Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras

He was my older brother’s best friend.
He was never supposed to be mine.
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on.

One of us did.
One of us left.

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me.

He broke my heart last time.
This time, he’ll obliterate it.

I love how this book just jumps right into the main plot. So I can easily say that there are no boring parts! The chemistry between Oliver and Elle is just great. But I’m beginning to hate how all romance books always have a happy ending. I totally thought this one wouldn’t.

I got this book because I am a sucker for those brother’s best friend romance books, and I was not disappointed in this book. I like how it’s a second chance love, but I feel like there were more chances than that. Which is why I don’t think there should have been a happy ending. And can I just say that I hate the name Oliver?

I like how Claire does the time hops and lets us know about the chemistry between Oliver and Elle at the beginning of their love relationship.

I also love the cover so much! I haven’t seen anything like it and I love the way it feels, it’s so soft!

With all that said, I think the book deserves a solid five start rating even though it didn’t end how I wanted it to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!