Fable Of Happiness Book #1 by Pepper Winters

About The Book
Title: Fable of Happiness
Series: Fable #1
Author: Pepper Winters
Genre: Dark Romance
Page Count: 396
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis:

A house hidden in the middle of nowhere.

A man who’s lived alone for a decade.

A woman who trespasses on his solitude.

A love full of hate as well as hunger.




The thing about my life is... I was never in control of it.

I just I thought I was.

I thought I had everything figured out—a good career, fun hobbies, a bright future, but everything changed when I found an ivy-cloaked house, tucked in a forgotten valley, hiding the man who would corrupt my world forever.

I thought I was successful, until he showed me fortune and happiness could be snatched away in an instant.

I believed I was blessed, but really, I was cursed.

Cursed to become a plaything for a monster.

Cursed to become a prisoner just because I trespassed.

Now, I know nothing.

I am nothing.

I’m just his.
Links

My Review


Pepper Winters is the queen of dark romance. I honestly feel like I will absolutely love everything she writes. Please keep in mind that this is a dark romance. There are trigger warnings for sexual assault, captivity, violence, abuse, and dubious consent.



This book basically only follows two characters. Gemma and Kassen. Gemma is a social media influencer that does a lot of rock climbing. She gets lost while trying to win some sort of thing that nobody has done before. In the woods, she finds a mansion. A mansion that seems to be in really great condition for being abandoned.



Or is it really abandoned?



Kassen is a man who has kept himself isolated from humanity for eleven years. He currently lives in the mansion by himself and he has a past that haunts him. When he finds Gemma in the mansion, he’s worried that people have found him and he wants her dead.



Gemma tries to work up a deal with Kassen to save her life. It’s still on the fence whether or not Kassen will follow through with this deal.



This book is actually pretty short. I feel like I went through it fairly quickly. Either that or I was just so addicted to this book that I didn’t want to put it down. I just had a wonderful time with this book.



I was totally getting Beauty and the Beast vibes from this book and I was loving it. I’m picking up the next book asap. I need to know what happens next!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To