Neon Gods by Katee Robert

About The Book

Title: Neon Gods
Series: Dark Olympus (#1)


Author: Katee Robert
Genre: Adult Romance

Pages: 380

Rating: ★★★★
Synopsis:

He was supposed to be a myth. But from the moment I crossed the River Styx and fell under his dark spell... he was, quite simply, mine.



Society darling Persephone Dimitriou plans to flee the ultra-modern city of Olympus and start over far from the backstabbing politics of the Thirteen Houses. But all that’s ripped away when her mother ambushes her with an engagement to Zeus, the dangerous power behind their glittering city’s dark facade.



With no options left, Persephone flees to the forbidden undercity and makes a devil’s bargain with a man she once believed a myth... a man who awakens her to a world she never knew existed.



Hades has spent his life in the shadows, and he has no intention of stepping into the light. But when he finds that Persephone can offer a little slice of the revenge he’s spent years craving, it’s all the excuse he needs to help her—for a price. Yet every breathless night spent tangled together has given Hades a taste for Persephone, and he’ll go to war with Olympus itself to keep her close…



A modern retelling of Hades and Persephone that’s as sinful as it is sweet.
Links

My Review
I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway, so thank you to Goodreads and Katee Robert for this free book!

This is honestly my first full-length Katee Robert read. I think I have only read the novella of the series she wrote about the prince and the bodyguard threesome stuff. (can't think of the name... I suck)

I kind of glanced at the reviews before reading this book and it made me worried. People aren't loving it but still enjoying it. Fortunately, I had a blast reading this book and I am dying to pick up the next one!

Neon Gods follows Persephone, a girl who dreams of leaving Olympus for good and never coming back. Unfortunately, Persephone's mother has other plans. She decides Persephone is going to marry Zeus. Zeus, the man who is believed to be extremely dangerous. Persephone obviously doesn't want to go through with this marriage.

So... she runs away.

Straight to Hades. Someone she believed to be a myth. Someone that shouldn't exist. 

They strike a deal and she plans to stay with Hades until she's able to leave Olympus for good. That is, until shit hits the fan, of course. 

I had such a fun time reading this book. I was always interested in what was going to happen next. The sex scenes were *chefs kiss* hot. I was totally picturing Hades as Ben Barnes from Shadow & Bone!

I had a wonderful time reading this book. I'm definitely extremely glad that I have quite a few Katee Robert books on my TBR. Can't wait to read more from her :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!