Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren

About The Book
Title: Beautiful Player
Series: Beautiful Bastard #3
Author: Christina Lauren
Genre: Adult Romance
Pages: 402
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis:

A bombshell bookworm. A chronic Casanova. And a lesson in chemistry too scandalous for school.



When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school, she’s determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating. And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother’s gorgeous best friend, Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy?



Will takes risks for a living, but he’s skeptical about this challenge of Hanna’s…until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed- and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can’t forget. Now that Hanna’s discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it’s up to Will to prove he’s the only man she’ll ever need.
Links

My Review

Well. Well. Wellll. I thought I was getting tired of this series after reading the Beautiful Bombshell novella. I’m doing a marathon of this series because it’s been sitting on my shelves for a couple of years. I loved each of the full-length books, just not the novellas.



The Beautiful Bastard series has had me dying for more smutty Christina Lauren books. I don’t know if they’re planning on writing more books like this or if they’re just gonna stick with writing contemporary romance.



So far, Beautiful Player is my favorite book of the series. I love the older man and younger woman trope. Obviously. Hanna is the nerdy girl who doesn’t really understand sexual relationships and never really enjoyed them. She’s also a book nerd which speaks to my heart. Will just sounds like my next baby daddy… just kidding.



Their relationship is something I really enjoyed. They’ve known each other for such a long time and she’s now relying on him to teach her to not be as “awkward” and understand that sex can actually be fun and it’s not just to get your s/o off.



There is a miscommunication trope. They don’t tell each other how they feel throughout most of the book. I know that a lot of people don’t like that. It honestly doesn’t bother me.



On to the next book in this series!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To