Book Review: Always Red by Isabelle Ronin

Always Red
Chasing Red (#2)
Isabelle Ronin
Published by Sourcebooks Casablanca on November 17th, 2017
378 pages
"Red," Caleb whispered. "Do you know how I felt when you left me?"

I looked into his eyes. The emotion I saw in them, the intensity, and the tenderness filled up my throat.

"I felt ruined. Because, Red, every time you break me apart, you put me back together. And I always come out better than before."

"So," he cupped my face, stroking my cheek with his thumb. "Ruin me."

I don't know why I put myself through this agonizing hell that someone though would be a good idea to publish. This book was so bad that I'm going to change my rating for the first book because I honestly don't think anyone should ever read this duology. 
This book just completely went in all the wrong directions. It was the dumbest thing I have ever read. I hate leaving bad reviews but this book was just so awful. 

Veronica got SUPER annoying in this book. I thought I disliked her in Chasing Red. Oh boy, she got worse. I feel like this author of this book is maybe like twelve-years-old. Or just acts like one. Veronica is an adult who gets squealy when her boyfriend, actually fiance`, sees her UNDERWEAR

They legit got engaged after seeing each other for a minute. Caleb doesn't really even seem to trust Veronica because he gets all caveman mad when Beatrice-Rose tells him Veronica is with some idiot named Damon. He gets pissy and they end up having "angry sex". They should just break up and never talk again. No one would care. 

Caleb is over here talking about buying a house. Uh, sir, that's not your money you're trying to spend. It's your mother's. He's going around acting like it's his money. JUST STOP. 

This book was just completely ridiculous. There was no character development. There was no real story. Things were just thrown around in hopes that it would make a good book. That little thing at the ending where it showed that they knew each other as kids? Complete trash. Throw. It. Away.

I'm pissed that I spent $4 on this book. I will never pick up a book by this author again. I can't believe it has a high rating on Goodreads....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To