Top Ten Tuesday // Rainy Day Reads


I’m not the type of person to read books based off the weather. I just never see the point. I live in Florida. It’s either really hot or it’s raining. I’m just going to list ten books that I think you should read.





These are probably going to be gloomy books because that’s how I’m feeling right now.










Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I’m actually still in the process of reading this book. So far, it seems like the kind of gloomy read one would enjoy on a rainy day. I’m enjoying it for the most part, I just really wish it would pick up the pace.





Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake: What’s more gloomy than triplets having to kill each other for the crown? I didn’t really enjoy the first book, it was a slow read. I’ve heard the series really picks up though.





Heroine by Mindy McGinnis: This is a hard-hitting book. It’s about a girl coming to terms with her opioid addiction. TW: drug abuse, overdosing, death





Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson: I read the graphic novel version and I loved it. This is another hard book for some to get through. TW: rape and I believe bullying?





A Gathering Of Shadows by V.E. Schwab: This is the second book, so don’t pick it up before the first one. But I really enjoyed the competition aspect of this book. This was my favorite book out of this series that I honestly didn’t care too much about.





The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: What’s more gloomy than a bunch of kids that have to kill each other to survive and win a crazy game?










I was only able to come up with six books because I’m not good at making lists.





What are some gloomy books that you would recommend?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!