Book Review: A Conjuring Of Light by V.E. Schwab

Title: A Conjuring Of Light
Author: V.E. Schwab
Series: Shades Of Magic (#3)
Publication Date: February 21st, 2017
Genre(s): Fantasy
Page Count: 624

Synopsis:


Witness the fate of beloved heroes - and enemies.

THE BALANCE OF POWER HAS FINALLY TIPPED...
The precarious equilibrium among four Londons has reached its breaking point. Once brimming with the red vivacity of magic, darkness casts a shadow over the Maresh Empire, leaving a space for another London to rise.

WHO WILL CRUMBLE?Kell - once assumed to be the last surviving Antari - begins to waver under the pressure of competing loyalties. And in the wake of tragedy, can Arnes survive?

WHO WILL RISE?
Lila Bard, once a commonplace - but never common - thief, has survived and flourished through a series of magical trials. But now she must learn to control the magic, before it bleeds her dry. Meanwhile, the disgraced Captain Alucard Emery of the Night Spire collects his crew, attempting a race against time to acquire the impossible.

WHO WILL TAKE CONTROL?
And an ancient enemy returns to claim a crown while a fallen hero tries to save a world in decay.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Review:

I can honestly say I'm happy that this series is over. No, I didn't hate it. No, I didn't love it. I was an okay series. But this book had to be the worst one. I don't know why this book is so darned long. I feel like it was a bunch of build up for five minutes of action.

Likes:
I liked the ending. The goodbyes and reunions were the best part of the book. My heart felt sad at this point. Characters that I've grown to like are gone. I won't read about them anymore. My heart broke when Kell said the same thing to Rhy that Lila said to him.

Kell and Lila is still something I needed more of. I really loved their scenes on The Ghost. Those parts got the best reaction from me. I squealed. Literally.

Rhy and Emery. I love them. I wanted more of them. Why wasn't there more?

Dislikes:
Why is it in all of these books, the big action part is over almost as soon as it starts? Why is there so much build up for nothing? Quite aggravating to be honest.

Lack of romance. I love romance. It's no secret. When it's introduced in a fantasy, I get excited. When it's introduced and hardly dabbled in, I get mad. I needed more of Kell and Lila. I needed more of Rhy and Emery. 

The big fight in the end sucked. Not even gonna lie about that. I didn't like it. At all.

Why did she do this to my Holland?

Final Thoughts:
I'm pretty certain I won't be picking up any more books by V.E. Schwab in the future. I'm not a big fan of her writing and I'm not going to put myself through all that build up for nothing again. I don't even care if I get crap for not enjoying/loving her books. Sorry, not sorry.

2.5/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To

Books On My Fall TBR!