Book Review: Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas


Synopsis:
Chaol Westfall has always defined himself by his unwavering loyalty, his strength, and his position as the Captain of the Guard. But all of that has changed since the glass castle shattered, since his men were slaughtered, since the King of Adarlan spared him from a killing blow, but left his body broken.

His only shot at recovery lies with the legendary healers of the Torre Cesme in Antica—the stronghold of the southern continent’s mighty empire. And with war looming over Dorian and Aelin back home, their survival might lie with Chaol and Nesryn convincing its rulers to ally with them.

But what they discover in Antica will change them both—and be more vital to saving Erilea than they could have imagined.

Purchase: AmazonKindleAudiobook

My Review:
This series has found it’s way up to my all time favorite series. With that being said, I did not want to read this book. I do not like Chaol. I know a lot of people say that this book will make you like him. I still don’t like him.

Most of this book was boring for me. I feel like it took so long for Yrene to heal Chaol, and I honestly wish she couldn’t do it. Poor girl got herself into so much crap just to heal him. I feel like the healing process was really dragged out and when he was healed, it was only for a little while. What.

I really liked that you get to see a different place. You get to see politics in the Southern Continent. You get to meet a new set of characters that you end up loving. You get to see new creatures. So much new stuff.

I almost didn’t read this book. I was so close to not reading this book and just finding recaps online. But oh boy, I’m glad I read this book. You learn so many things in this book that I have never seen online. So many freaking twists!

The end of this book is what really made this book. As I’ve said, I was bored through most of this book. The end really brought up my opinion of this book. I was going to rate this book three stars and the ending changed it. I really loved how certain parts in this book has intertwined with parts of other books. It shed so much light.

Also, Nesryn and Sartaq. I freaking love them. I really hope that I get to see more of them in KoA. Maas better not mess with my new favorite couple.

I also would like to add that Chaol does grow as a character in this book. I’m happy that he’s not really a big butt hole like he used to be. But, I still don’t like him. Maybe I’ll like him more in KoA.

Please don’t skip this book. Please read it. Fight through it. It’s an important installment in this series.

4/5 Stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Recap: 08.02.21 - 08.08.21

Books On My Fall TBR!

2021 Releases I Was Excited To Read But Didn't Get To